Once position openings have been identified (typically in March), applications are reviewed, references are checked, and interviews are arranged with candidates who are considered a good fit for the position and our school. Teaching candidates may be asked to teach a demonstration lesson and meet with other teachers at that grade level before a contract is offered.
As a private school recognized by the state of Illinois, WCGS requires that all teachers hold a valid Illinois teaching license. Teachers licensed in other states may be hired under the provision that they obtain an Illinois teaching license during their first year of teaching at WCGS.
The heart of a Wheaton Christian Grammar School teacher is all about transformation. As Jesus taught, “A student is not above his teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like his teacher.”
Faculty, Staff, and Co-curricular positions
Make an eternal impact
As He both instructed and mentored His disciples, Jesus provided the fully-formed expression of what we desire in every member of the WCGS faculty and staff. This transformational teaching is accomplished through life-on-life application. Our teachers are devoted and mature followers of Jesus Christ, so that He might be honored in our school, and that our students might be mentored by authentic Christian disciples. Our teachers are and are becoming experts in their field, highly qualified in the instructional methodology – the pedagogy – of teaching. Our teachers are intellectually curious. Our teachers are skilled at mentoring and modeling for their students what it means to be a follower of Christ. Our teachers call their students to the higher purposes and worthy goals that bespeak a follower of Jesus Christ. Our teachers are ready to integrate vibrant faith with excellent academics while providing a safe and healthy classroom environment.
Wheaton Christian Grammar School exists, under the authority of God and His Word, to educate, train, and nurture children for godliness and excellence, equipping them to engage and transform their world for Jesus Christ.
Wheaton Christian Grammar School will be a biblically faithful and transformative K-8 educational institution available to those who desire a Christian education and support the school’s mission and values.
Vision Statement created and approved by the WCGS Board of Directors on August 13, 2001; Revised and approved on March 3, 2015; Revised and approved on April 14, 2018
As expressed in the Constitution of the Wheaton Society for Christian Instruction:
1. We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and the New Testaments as verbally inspired by God and inerrant in the original writing, and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and life… read more
2. We believe in one God, eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and true man.
4. We believe that man was created in the image of God; that he sinned, and thereby incurred, not only physical death, but also that spiritual death which is separation from God; and that all human beings are born with sinful nature, and, in the case of those who reach moral responsibility, become sinners in thought, word and deed.
5. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins, according to the Scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice; and that all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood.
6. We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into Heaven, and in His present life there for us, as High Priest and Advocate.
7. We believe in “that blessed hope,” the personal, premillennial and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
8. We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit, and thereby become children of God.
9. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved and the everlasting punishment of the lost.
In accordance with the teachings of the Word of God, this Society is committed to the following fundamental principles:
1. The instruction and education of children in the School as well as in the home must conform to the Word of God.
2. The School is an institution which properly depends on and proceeds from the home, rather than the Church or the State.
Job descriptions and
application for employment
The positions listed below are those currently known, but prospective applicants are encouraged to either return to this page for updates regularly or simply submit an application.
If you are interested in substitute teaching, please fill out and submit a faculty application
Substitute Teaching position
Elementary Instructional Aide
WCGS application submission
It may take a few minutes for the form to be submitted. Please do not exit this page until you get redirected to the confirmation page.
If you have any issues submitting your documents, please email us.
Learn about Wheaton Christian Grammar School’s academics,
admissions process, and tuition assistance program.