Honoring Student Achievements During 2019-2020 School Year
Typically, Wheaton Christian Grammar School honors its students at an awards assembly at the end of the school year. Since school was in off-campus e-learning, our administration decided to honor our students over the course of two weeks through emails sent to our community.
These emails were a time of celebrating several K-8 students who have excelled academically, musically, creatively, in cocurricular/extracurricular activities, and in service during the 2019-2020 academic year.
"We have an incredibly gifted and talented student body. We praise God for the uniqueness and specialness of each student. In his book, It’s Not About Me, Max Lucado says, ‘As heaven’s advertising agency, we promote God in every area of life, including success. God let you excel so you can make him known.’ We are to live ‘reflecting like mirrors the brightness of the Lord (2 Corinthians 3:18).’ Students, you are all good at something. Your ultimate desire should be to honor the Lord who is the giver of all gifts. Let’s…bring glory to Jesus Christ as we honor Him through the giftedness of our talented student body."
This year, students were recognized for their participation and achievements in the following areas and activites: ACSI Creative Writing, ACSI Math Olympics, ACSI Spelling Bee, Accelerated Reader Awards, Battle of the Books, Chess, Creation Care Club, MathCounts, National Geographic Bee, Robotics Team, Scholastic Art and Writing Awards, Science Award, STEM Awards, Student Council, and Young Adult Battle of the Books.
The Distinguished Music Awards:
- Choral Musicianship Award – Cady Fung, Sarah Gilbert, Annelise Mazzarella, Andie Orphan, Sophie Shelton, Bella Stone, Sydney Younce
- Director’s Award (Band) – Andrew Hancock
- Director’s Award (Orchestra) – Abigail Rathbun
- Instrumentalist Magazine Award (Band) – Caroline Blaum, Christopher Jones, Evan Lee, Logan McCallum, Joey Urban
- Instrumentalist Magazine Award (Orchestra) – Abigail Gordeuk, Abigail Grandy, Erik Gustafson, Danny Mantel, Amanda Posthuma, Annalisa Rodriguez
- National School Choral Award – Samantha de Castro, Danny Mantel
- Louis Armstrong Jazz Award – Joshua Solone
- ILMEA District Orchestra – Madelyn Bovey, Analise Lauriat, Abigail Rathbun, Annalisa Rodriguez, Annie Stoner
- ILMEA District Band – Braeden Leger
- ILMEA District Choir – Cady Fung, Annalise Mazzarella
- Al & Marti Knudsen Excellence in Art Award – Abigail Rathbun
Please watch this video to hear from the WCGS Administration as they announce the following awards: Wheaton Academy Scholarship, American Legion School Awards, Administrators’ Awards, and Todd Beamer Memorial Scholarship:
Wheaton Christian Grammar School Families can find the full list of award winners on FACTS. We are proud of our students and the work they put in this school year to achieve these accomplishments. To God be the glory!
Learn about Wheaton Christian Grammar School’s academics,
admissions process, and tuition assistance program.