- Phone: (630) 668-1385
- Mailing Address: 1N350 Taylor Drive, Winfield, IL 60190
Extended care includes time for play and for homework with help from Mrs. Nelson (a.m.) and with Mrs. Culver and Mrs. Mendoza (p.m.). Computers are available for student use. Students are asked to bring a snack.
Please click on links for Extended Care Handbook (revised for 2017-2018) and the 2017-2018 Extended Care Registration form.
This program is designed to help working parents who need assistance with the "gap" period between school and home, as well as parents who have an occasional need for childcare. We've attempted to answer some of the commonly asked questions:
What are the hours of the program?
Before-school care begins at 7:45 a.m. After-school care continues until 5:45 p.m.
Does my child have to participate in this each day?
No, the program is on an "as-needed" basis; parents should let Mrs. Nelson know when they'll need to send their child.
What if I need this service only occasionally?
That's not a problem!
Will this be billed along with my tuition?
What if my child stays only part of an hour?
Billing will be in half-hour increments for the after-school care program.
What if my child attends an after-school club?
They can go to Extended Care after the club.
What activities will occur during before and after-school care?
There are a variety of activities: physical activity, homework, games, reading, and snack time.
How much supervision will be provided?
We provide a safe ratio, no more than 1:20.
Is there supervised homework time, or is the intent more recreational?
In short, both are included!
1. Students will be released and signed out in the afternoon only by those listed as an authorized person on the parent-signed form.
2. It is the parent’s responsibility to update the names of people authorized to pick up their children. Updates must be made in writing and given to Mrs. Nelson.
3. Drop off for before and after care is through Door #1 or Door #18. For entry through Door #18, press the Extended Care intercom button, identify yourself to personnel, and you and/or your child will be admitted through Door #18. Parents must come in and sign out their child.
4. Parents or students must sign in for both before-school care and after-school care. The Sign-In Sheet is located in Room 222.
If parents need to reach Extended Care Staff during hours of operation, call 630-668-1385 ext. 243. If we are unable to answer at the time, please leave a message and we will return your call promptly.